Why I Write

I have officially had a blog for over nine months now. As I look back to why I started this blog, it's honestly a bit of a pain-filled reason. I was hurting and needed some way to express myself. Writing is something I have always loved, and I had been journaling for the last year and a half at that time. I feel better every time I write down what is on my mind or my heart, so I just decided to make some of those thoughts and words public.

When I started this blog I had a big fear I would have two readers: my mom and some random person from across the word that accidentally stumbled onto my site. However, I decided then and there if I was only going to do this for some views or attention, then I really shouldn't be doing it at all. Writing is a passion of mine, and I only want to share my passions with the purest of intentions. I wanted to share my writings because there was a chance that even one person may feel a connection to the words and emotions, feel God's love, smile, or even just laugh.

My first post had over 300 views and I was shocked. I didn't know what to think. My latest post before this one about my tattoo is just four views away from 600! Like what?!? You have all continually surpassed my expectations for this blog. You have reached out with some of the kindest comments that have truly made me feel God's love. I also know from some of the comments I've received that you have connected with my writings, felt loved, smiled, and laughed. God has truly spoken to some of you through this blog- what a beautiful gift for both you and me. 

It blows my mind how some days I can sit down with a pen in my hand and my journal and write for what feels like seconds but is actually close to an hour. Or how a blog post will start to form in my head in a matter of minutes. I don't know why God chose to give me this gift, but I'm thankful every day He did. I get a real sense of purpose and joy when I write. 

There have been times I questioned and doubted my ability to actually make a difference through writing, but God calls us to use our gifts to bring Him glory regardless of any fears or doubts we may have. You can see these commands in 1 Peter 4:10-11, Romans 12:6-8, Matthew 5:16, and many other places throughout the Bible. Whether these posts had two or 200 views, God would love me just the same. That freedom to shine for God feels like nothing else. It's something I honestly don't know if I could put into words.

I write because I can, because I'm called to by God, and because it's one more way I get to enjoy the life He's given me. Thank you all for the continued support. I seriously don't think I can say it enough. Feeling the love for real right now!!!!!!

This is a cute picture my good pal Tori forced me to take and then made me laugh in the midst of it. Get yourself some pals that bring you this kind of joy!!



Comments