Thank You to My Pals

This past month I have struggled with what to write about. The words were not flowing at all, but then I had some reminders of just how great all my pals are. In the last month, I have laughed and smiled more than I have in a while, and for that, I could not be more appreciative. I mean I have friends that remind me how loved I am each and every day, and....

Friends that help me be brave
Friends that help me be kind
Friends that help me question and explore
Friends that bring me closer to Jesus
Friends that listen when I talk for hours
Friends that show me new music
Friends that are down for anything when I text them with last minute plans
Friends that I can pick up with right where we left off even after months of minimal contact
Friends that love to get ice cream
Friends that go to church with me
Friends that go to concerts with me and appreciate the live music just as much as I do
Friends that support me with ultimate hype
Friends that understand my vine references
Friends that understand when I make references to The Office
Friends that bring out a wilder side of me... but in a good way I promise
Friends that sing all my favorite songs with me at the top of our lungs
Friends that let me cry on their shoulder
Friends that I can talk about the big stuff with
Friends that know I can't whisper and never expect me to be able to
Friends that continually show up when I need them most... even when it's not convenient
Friends that show me a new perspective on the world and allow me to grow
Friends that have no shame when we make a scene in public with our outrageous laughter
Friends that share my interests, but also show me theirs
Friends that I have coffee dates with
Friends that I have special handshakes with
Friends that I share inside jokes with
Friends that inspire me
Friends that I can talk sports with... or music with... or whatever else
Friends that understand my crazy busy schedule
Friends that have let me make their family my second family, and vice versa
Friends that I've known my whole life
Friends that I've known for almost a year
Friends that I've known for even just a few weeks

I have been blessed. My pals are all so unique and bring me great joy in their own special way. I have friends that bring out all my different yet amazing sides, and it blows my mind how different my life would be without them. So yes, I hate to brag... but my friends are pretty top notch and I could not be more thankful for them in all seasons of my life, but especially this one. So to all my pals who might be reading this, thanks for thinking I'm cool and deciding to be a part of my life.

One of my favorite days with some of my greatest friends!




Comments