Welcome to My Blog

OMG! First ever blog post. If my mom were caught up on her scrapbooking this moment would totally be in there (sorry mom, love you tho). Anyways, welcome to my blog! I had a dose of inspiration about a month ago to start a blog. I honestly am just using this as a creative space with a one in a million shot of becoming famous...jk. Hopefully, some of my posts will be relatable and help someone out. Enjoy my first post and stick around for all the others.

It is officially 2019. Wow. This past year has seriously the biggest year of my life. Let's take a trip down memory lane while I enlighten you all on my 2018...

1. Started out the year with one semester left of high school and loving life.
2. Played my last basketball game ever, sad ):
3. Senior Prom- do I need to say more?!?
4. Was in the school play for the first time..... as a girl who thinks she's a rat after she participates in a trial pet therapy method.
5. Placed 3rd at the Iowa Jazz Championships in Class 1A with my jazz band. Miss band so much!
6. Went to Washington D.C. with my senior class. It was a great way to end our 12 years together and see some incredible sites.
7. Went out for golf for the first time and discovered I would definitely lose to Phil Mickelson.
8. GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL!!!! WOOOOOO
9. Took an amazing trip to Memphis and the Alabama shore. I held a boa constrictor and stayed in a house on the ocean so you tell me if it was an awesome vacation.
Just some photo evidence to prove I really did hold a snake that could eat me.

10. Spent the summer working as a lifeguard, teaching swim lessons, boating whenever I could, spending time with my friends and family, watching lots of live music, going to my brother's baseball games, preparing my livestock for my county fair, going on family vacations at the lake, and gathering everything I needed for college! I was also crowned Miss Westfair 2018 so that was pretty neat.
11. Said see ya later SWI and headed off into the sunset (just Ames, IA actually).
12. Joined some great clubs and made some amazing friends at ISU. I also found my church home in Ames with Kairos and Luthern Church of Hope Ames.
13. Got a job helping out a woman with down syndrome, and I have genuinely loved every minute of it. She has a heart of gold.
14. Stormed the field after ISU knocked off the then #6 West Virginia.... it was pretty cool singing Sweet Caroline in the middle of Jack Trice.
15. Traveled to Grand Island, NE to be a huddle leader at a Fellowship of Christian Athlete's Weekend of Champions. This was so incredible to see the other side of since it was something I went to when I was in high school.
16. Went through my first real breakup and had to recover from my first broken heart. (We will get into this later but just need to say there are no hard feelings and I wish him only the best.)
17. Grew in my relationship with Christ and felt closer to Him than I ever had.
18. Caught a t-shirt at an ISU basketball game. I know this isn't that exciting, but I never catch those freebie items so I was pretty pumped and felt like it deserved to be noted.
19. Conquered my first college semester and celebrated in style, and by in style, I mean with my family and friends over Christmas break.
20. Found out I was offered the internship I had interviewed for before I came home for break, so I'll be spending spring semester working with the Boone County Chamber of Commerce. So, so excited to see where this takes me!
21. Ended 2018 still loving life and appreciating the small things that bring me joy.

See, big year. While 2018 had some incredible memories, it also had some that now hurt to look back on. However, I grew so much from everything I went through and there is no way I would wish for anything to have gone differently. With each up, my heart was filled with love, and with each down, I learned a valuable lesson. Today I am taking the time to truly reflect on everything 2018 brought and taught me, and I strongly encourage you to do the same. Look at how you started the year and see how you finished it, crazy right?! God was truly at work this year, and I know there are even bigger blessings on the way.

If you're reading this I highly encourage you to stick around because 2019 is going to be our year and I cannot wait to share it with you all!

P.S. This is a space full of love and positivity and if you aren't sharing those feelings please don't try to bring me down. God bless.

Comments

  1. Yay for you! I look forward to reading more! God bless you in 2019!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment